As you can see, I'm currently reworking this site a bit, so that it'll fit at least well onto smart phone screens and stuff like that ..
Thinking about replacing jQuery with another, less excessive library - for just a bunch of animations / effects, a handful of DOM queries and a few hover/click event handlers, jQuery looks rather like overkill to me.
Some brainstorming (all hail the magic Microjs tiny JS collection / finder ;))
- HeadJS - for async loading, HTML5 helping and Feature testing (= replacing Modernizr)
- xui.js - should do most of it
- Gator - event delegation .. just a maybe
- my personal, adapted version of TinyBox2, used at the current Usability Idealist website
- Rainbow - found this while browsing the website of the autor of Gator: a nice lil syntax highlighting JS library, and it comes with support for all the code I'm working with anyway
- some native JS magic ..