So, its 2018 .. havent blogged in a while.
Mostly, work. And stuff. And wanting to replace this blog with something more .. staticy.
Right now I'm writing myself something like this, as I got all the important components sitting around, like, for ages. Thanks to work, that is.
To list the most important or interesting ones:
- Custom template loader w/o the need of having to global-ize everything; thanks to extensive work that went into the datacolor website (yep, I did most of its programming ;))
- A bunch of parsers, including one for Markdown (which is nice, but I totally fucking HATE their "idea" of creating links in a regular text flow context; its the most UN-intuitive way possible!) AND, more important, one for Creole, the wiki markup which eg. Dokuwiki follows up to approx 95% of the time
- Simple routing; already in use with my portfolio site and a few others
- Micro-API for my very own URL shortening service, which has been in use since at least 2010
- A grabbag stuffed with CSS frameworks to choose from; most notable: Pure CSS, Furtive and maybe Bootstrap 4 (but I tend towards the first two)
- Extensive knowledge about caching and site optimization in general
- Several stand-alone comment systems to choose from; NONE of them being named Disqus :P
Yeah, thats it, basically. Maybe in a few weeks, maybe just tomorrow, there is coming change. Or at least a waaaay easier method to blog for me :)
ps: the "ex" is referring to version 10 of this blog, 'X' being the number "10" in Old School Latin ;)